Monday, January 27, 2014

Vlog Brothers

Like most bloggers I will probably write more entries early on in my blog and then slow down as time goes on.  Sorry if that' the case, but such is our nature I guess.
 
This will be a fairly short entry as I have to teach today.  In addition to my small business, and my college classes, I also substitute teach.  I have my teaching degree in Elementary Education and although I have taught full-time in the classroom for many years, I still enjoy working with kids, so I substitute teach.  It works out well because I can work around my class schedule and my business obligations.
 
My main topic today is the Vlog Brothers, otherwise known as John and Hank Green.  If you have a teenager, you may know the name John Green.  He has written several brilliant Young Adult fiction novels, including most recently, The Fault in Our Stars (which is soon to be a major motion picture).  It has also been on the NY Times Bestsellers list and has received numerous other accolades.
 
Anyway, the Vlog Brothers started out as a series of video blogs that Hank and John did for each other on YouTube.  They took turns corresponding every other day.  Within a year their following had grown and their followers became known as Nerdfighters.  Since that time they have started several fund raising organizations and produced several amazing classroom type video series - Crash Course World History, Crash Course US History, Crash Course Science, etc. that look at these subjects in a fun and refreshing new way.
 
I highly recommend their vlogs and their Crash Courses.  Check them out on Youtube.  You can get all their information on the Nerdfighter's website above or get more info on Wikipedia.
 
As John and Hank would say, DFTBA (which stands for: Don't Forget to be Awesome)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment